Why Patent Informatics
Patents are technically as well legally relevant documents, since they significantly contribute to identify the status of the art of the Technology, and they disclose as well what is legally protected now in different countries.
Most common usecases are:
- Systematic (e.g. monthly) monitoring of new patent applications of technical fields of your interest and/or your competitors to identify promptly risks and opportunities.
- Patent analyses, when appropriate for your business , e.g. before entering in new markets or to assess your company against competitors and eventual partners.
- Patent searches, in different R&D phases, which can be further distinguished into:
- Patentability search, to check new ideas before submitting a patent application, in different phases of its draft.
- Validity search of a patent in force to verify if other patents can invalidate it.
- Infringment search, to verify if a your product of you infringes patents in force in specific countries.
All these use cases are associated to a reduction of potential costs or with an increase of potential revenues, also independently from your existing patents portfolio.
Patent informatics is a well established application domain for most common best practices and use cases, but the introduction of new technologies in text and data mining can imply new opportunities and challenges: for more details see "Semantics in Patent information"and "The AI impact on patent searches and analyses".
IntelliSemantic solution MyIntelliPatent supports efficiently all of these usecases. For some more details about UseCases and MyIntelliPatent click here.
For more information about MyIntelliPatent, click here.
Copyright © 2006-2023 by IntelliSemantic S.r.l.
Società registrata al registro delle Imprese di Torino con Numero REA TO - 1026789
Sede legale: Corso Susa 299/A -10098, Rivoli (To) - Italy
Capitale sociale 30.000 Euro
Partita IVA 09124770018